Thursday 20 June 2013

Today I did something I haven't done in over 10 years 8O

Today, on the20th of June of 2013, at around 12noon took place one of the most EPIC thunderstorm & torrential rain I've seen in my life.

That's not what it is.

I was luckily in my friend's place at college campus playing Cave Story so I was okay. But the rainstorm continued for more than an hour. Then I decided to return home in case it happens again. The bus was packed like uhh... like a bus in West Bengal (there's seriously no analogy to the level of crowding that happens here). & the streets were waterlogged as heck.

That's also not what it is.

I got down at my stop & started walking trying to avoid getting my partially semi-wet sneakers completely soggy. To do that I had to walk on a low wall for a while. Then as I was getting close to my house, I saw the streets were completely waterlogged. The footpath was about 1-1.5 feet deep in dirty water & the middle of the road had about 2 inches deep water through which cars were plying like normal making waves that raised the 1.5 feet water on the footpath to more than 2 feet (around my knee).

& that's when I did it. I did a calculation considering all my options & then, with a sigh, took off my sneakers & socks & walked through the waterlogged streets for about 0.5 kms to my home while avoiding glass bits, stone chips, bits of bricks, & the likes which were under the EXTREMELY murky waters, just feeling them through the sole of my barefeet while also avoiding the waves made by cars.

THAT is what it is.

I took a few snaps but sadly my phone is old as heck & the shots came out blurry as all heck since I was trying to balance myself in the waves. BTW, the time was 2:40pm, for the curious.

So yeah, Walking Through Waterlogged Streets Barefoot! Whooooooo....

No comments:

Post a Comment